Call for papers
The 4th Edition of the Expanded Reason Congress, to be held on June 17th and 18th (2021), announces the call for papers addressed to professors and researchers interested in tackling transhumanism – in any of its forms or related issues – from an expanded reason perspective. That is, expanding horizons to understand the full meaning of reality by reflecting an active dialogue between the particular science and philosophy and/or theology.
We hope to engage in a transdisciplinary dialogue that helps to approach transhumanism in all its complexity, connecting it with anthropology, epistemology, ethics and the question of meaning.
Authors may ascribe their papers to the following areas of knowledge:
– Experimental sciences
– Health Sciences
– Justice and law
– Economy and business
– Political Sciences
– Communication Sciences
SCHEDULE FOR THE SUBMISSION AND
SELECTION OF PAPERS
From November 10th, 2020 to May 17th , 2021 (registration deadline)
Registration for the Congress
May 17th, 2021
Submission deadline of the paper proposal (maximum 1500 words), preceded by an abstract of approximately 300 words.
The proposal must be attached to the registration form (step 2 of the registration process).
The file must contain the title of the paper preceded by the author’s last name.
May 30th, 2021
Notification to participants of paper acceptance.
June 17th,18th 2021 Expanded Reason Congress 4th Edition
Transhumanism: Homo sapiens or cyborg?
August 30th, 2021
Deadline for sending the complete texts of the accepted papers (see format instructions) for their evaluation by the Scientific Committee in view of their publication by UFV Press (Editorial UFV).
November 25th, 2021
Notification to participants of the acceptance, where appropriate, of their texts for publication.
Publication of the volume on Transhumanism in the series Studies of the Expanded Reason Collection of the Editorial UFV.
General formatting instructions
Any work that does not comply with the format below will not be accepted:
- The paper proposal will consist of a title, summary and brief development of the proposal.
- The complete paper will consist of title, keywords, summary and full text.
- The title of the paper, the summary/abstract and the key words of the communication must be presented in Spanish and English.
- The languages accepted are English or Spanish.
- The documents will be sent in Microsoft Word, version 2000 or later, never in PDF.
- Times New Roman font, 1.5 line spacing, no front or back spacing, size 12 pt, top and bottom margins of 3 cm and right and left of 2.5 cm, numbering from the first page and centered at the foot of the page and black ink.
- The notes will be grouped at the foot of the page, properly numbered to facilitate their location. They will not count as text.
- The files must bear the title of the paper preceded by the author’s surname
- The summary/abstract of the paper should not exceed 300 words.
- The paper proposal should not exceed 1500 words.
- The entire paper should not exceed 8000 words, (not including bibliography, footnotes, tables, graphs, figures and images).
Images, quotations and bibliography:
- The format of the images will be JPG or TIFF and, like the tables and figures, they will be inserted in the text and will be accompanied by their respective legends or captions. The images must be your own, authorized for publication or copyright free.
- Textual quotations will be put in quotation marks when their length is less than three lines, if the length is greater, they will be unquoted and indented, at a length of 10 letters and with a blank line before and after the quotation.
- The APA standards shall be used for bibliographical references.