Call for papers
Expanded Reason Congress "The human being in contemporary science"
The V Expanded Reason Congress, which will take place on May 23 and 24, 2022, launches this call for papers addressed to professors and researchers interested in addressing any question related to man in contemporary science from an expanded reason, that is, putting the particular science in question in dialogue with philosophy and/or theology. Papers related to any of the topics included in the Congress program will be especially valued: biotechnology, quantum physics, metaphysics, neuroscience and psychology.
Authors may assign their papers to the following areas of knowledge:
- Experimental sciences
- Health sciences
- Economics and business
- Fine Arts and Design
The candidate must first submit a proposal for a paper. If accepted, he/she will proceed to submit the full paper within the deadlines indicated below:
TIMETABLE FOR THE SUBMISSION AND
EVALUATION OF SUBMISSIONS
From February 7, 2022 to April 22, 2022
Registration for the Congress
Until April 18, 2022
Presentation of the paper proposal (maximum 1500 words), preceded by an abstract of about 300 words.
Send the proposal through this link. The file must include the title of the paper preceded by the author’s surname.
May 4th, 2022
|Notification to the communicants of the communications accepted for public exhibition.|
May 23rd and 24th – V Expanded Reason Congress.
The human being in contemporary science
June 30, 2022
|Deadline for sending the full texts of the papers presented (see format indications) for their evaluation by the Scientific Committee for publication in UFV Press. Send in this link.|
September 19, 2022
|Notification to the communicators of the acceptance, if applicable, of their texts for publication.|
|Publication of the papers selected by the Scientific Committee in the journal Relectiones and subsequent publication of the proceedings of the V Expanded Reason Congress in the UFV Press.|
General formatting indications
Any paper that does not comply with the format indicated below will not be accepted:
- The proposed communication will consist of title, abstract and brief development of the proposal.
- The complete communication will consist of title, keywords, abstract and development.
- The title of the paper, the abstract/abstract and the key words of the communication must be presented in Spanish and English.
- The languages accepted are English or Spanish.
- Documents should be sent in Microsoft Word for Windows on PC version 2000 or later, never in PDF.
- Times New Roman font, 1.5 line spacing, no leading or trailing spacing, size 12 pt, 3 cm top and bottom margins and 2.5 cm right and left margins, numbering from the first page and centered at the foot of the page and black ink.
- Notes should be grouped at the foot of the page, duly numbered to facilitate their location. They will not count as text.
- Files should bear the title of the communication preceded by the author’s surname(s).
- The abstract/abstract of the communication should not exceed 300 words.
- The proposed paper should not exceed 1500 words.
- The complete paper should not exceed 8000 words (not including bibliography, footnotes, tables, graphs, figures and images).
- Images, citations and bibliography:
The format of the images will be JPG or TIFF and, like tables and figures, they will be inserted in the text and will be accompanied by their respective captions or captions. The images must be the authors’ own, authorized for publication or free of rights.
Textual quotations should be in quotation marks when they are less than three lines long; if they are longer, they should be unquoted and indented, in a font size of 10 and with a blank line before and after the quotation.
For bibliographical references, the APA norms will be used.